Saturday, June 22, 2013

Cherry Juice



















I recently hurt my neck and upper back by my scapula exercising. I knew the exact time the injury happened and went right to my chiropractor after it happened. She adjusted my rib and neck but told me that I will continue to have muscle spasms for the next few days. She recommended ice, massage and use of my home tens unit. I have been following instructions but I still was having pain so I did what everyone else does and turned to the internet for an answer. There is was...Tart Cherry Juice.

I have drank tart cherry juice in the past. I knew that it was packed full of antioxidants that improve skin and heart health, lower blood sugar (diabetes) and help with insomnia. I did not realize tart cherry juice that helps decrease muscle inflammation, symptoms of exercise-induced muscle damage, and pain. Studies have shown drinking 1 cup of tart cherry juice a day or eating 1.5 cups of tart cherries can help reduce muscle pain and inflammation. If tart cherry juice is not palatable for you, pill for cherry supplements are also available.

Source: Pinterest via Cali
(Reference: Kate Morin, Greatest.com. Picture: whatscookingamerica.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment